Monday, October 22, 2007

Week 7: task 16 Wikis

I have used Wikipedia in the past. It was nice to learn about the history of the wikis and some of the ways that they are being used. I could see wikis being used to collect SRP program ideas, reading group suggestions and adult programming ideas. I logged in to the ihcpl wiki and added my blog to the lists. I also added my favorite children's book to the book list. I tried to edit both the Favorite Blogs and Favorite Book list several time before I was able to enter my info. The site was very busy for awhile. I didn't have any problems adding to the movie site, of course it was after 6:30 pm when I tried.

2 comments:

6catwoman said...

I agree that a wiki would be a great way to share SRP ideas or other programming ideas. Sometimes there is a limited amount of time at branch or children's meetings for sharing ideas of this kind.

Tina said...

I liked your black kitty cat widget. I chose that widget also.