Friday, October 5, 2007

Week 4: tasks 8 and 9

It was very easy to setup an account on Bloglines. I added 14 blogs to it to start with and then spent some time exploring the different websites that I use frequently. I've seen the different blogger icons in the past but because I wasn't trying to select blogs didn't think too much about them. Now that I'm looking for them, I've realized that some the sites that I go to most don't have them. But many do, so I guess it all evens out. During my searching I've added 8 more blogs to the list. As you can tell, I've also added the e branch blog to this page. I've looked at the four newsfeeds that were mentioned in the exercise. I tested two different topics in all four. I got similar results in three of the four. The fourth, Syndic8, was a little more involved because of the straight directory of sites.

I'm slowly getting comfortable with the various elements and possibilities of blogs. I'm enjoying the learning process and glad that we are learning about the different technologies that are available.

No comments: