Monday, April 5, 2010

Publishing Evolutaion #84: Writer Communities and Author Websites

I've never written to an author but I do enjoy visiting their websites. For this exercise I went to the websites of three of my favorite authors. The Anne McCaffrey website has a RSS feed and will receive emails to answer questions. The Nancy Atherton website lists the Aunt Dimity books in order and has all the recipes from each book. The Rita Mae Brown website has a newsletter that you can subscribe to. They all have biographical information, bookslists, mentions the new ones and book tours if planned. I enjoy learning a little about their lives and discover where they get their inspiration for the characters and stories.


I don't think that I have ever purchased or read a book that was published because it was voted most popular before it was "officially" published. That being said, a good book is a good book and it wouldn't matter to me if it went through that process.

1 comment:

Bruce Farrar said...

Good job! Thanks for keeping up with iHCPL.