Thursday, August 13, 2009

Crafting and Hobbies #66: Knitting and Crocheting

It was interesting to read some of the history of both knitting and crocheting. I knew it had to have been around a while but I wasn't sure how long. I learned some of the basics as a child but the only person in my family who did either was a cousin that I rarely saw. I picked it up again while I was in Lubbock and knitted some scarfs and crocheted a couple of afghans. unfortunately I haven't kept up with it. This exercise has reawaken the interest.



We don't have a knitting group at Crosby and I'm not sure if we would have enough interest to start one. We have serveral women who do quilting though.

1 comment:

Bruce Farrar said...

Thanks for participating, and be careful not to stick yourself or anyone else with a knitting needle. Remember: Safety first!