Thursday, February 14, 2008

February 2008: Sound Downloading and Burning task #25

Well, with a little bit of playing, I got the music that I had selected burned to a CD. Actually, I did it twice. Once by playing around and accidentally getting it setup to burn and once by following the instructions. Interesting. I used a CD-RW and discovered that the CD burner always asks for a blank disc. That's OK for now. I also learned how to delete a CD-RW and star over.

I don't like the DRM approach to "music sharing". It's too restrictive and too much in their favor. I like the idea that the EFF has about a reasonable monthly fee by way of a voluntary collective licensing agreement. It seems all parties with the exception of the lawyers would benefit.

I just got my mp3 player so I don't know how much I will be using it for music. That's not why I bought it but I'll just have to see. Since I have a cassette player in my car, I use it alot to listen to books on tape not music. I do buy CDs, mainly soundtracks. At this point I thank I will continue to buy and play both CDs and cassettes for the foreseeable future.

No comments: